BEEF AND BUTTERNUT STEW
- 900g Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 – 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 680g Beef , cubed
- 900g Beef Stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Prepare the butternut by peeling it, removing the seeds and cutting it into cubes.
- If your beef is not already cut into pieces then cut it up into cubes, and the same for the onion.
- Heat the oil on a medium heat in a large pan with a solid bottom, then add the onion and saute
- Now add the beef and brown it for a couple of minutes.
- Add the beef stock, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Cook it on the stove top on a low simmer for about an hour with a lid on the pot, do not boil.
- Finally add the butternut and cook for a further 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
- SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS:
- Follow the directions as before and saute the onions and brown the beef.
- Now you want to add the beef, onions, butternut squash and all remaining ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cook it on low for 5 – 6 hours, or high for about 3 – 4. how long it takes will depend on the heat of your slow cooker .